Tuesday, February 23, 2010

World's Laziest Dog

In the past, some of Norma Jean's adoring fans have referred to her as "the world's laziest dog", a nickname that Norma does not feel she deserves. In order to try and change the opinions of her human friends, Norma has decided to undertake a very strict and challenging workout regimen. To start her week off, I took her to the dog park and we walked the trails. In the past whenever I've taken her to the dog trails, Sully has been with us, but this time we braved it alone. I only mention this because the trails are right next to the road, and sometimes (most times) when Norma is off leash, she doesn't listen to me. I'm always worried that she's going to run away and not come back... Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised when she came when I called during this little expedition through the woods.

Today, I thought that I would take her with me on a run, so that we could both get some exercise. I thought we could run to and then run through some trails near our house. Well I knew right from the beginning that she would be true to her nickname on this outing, when she refused to run for the first quarter mile. I figure she just needed a long warm-up... After that, she started to run (sort of) and I dragged her behind me the rest of the way. The only time I didn't have to drag her was when she saw a squirrel and tried to dart off after it.

On the whole I think that Norma and my first running experience together was a success, can't wait to try tomorrow..


4 comments:

  1. haha--- that's funny. You need to whip her in to shape! Maybe it's too cold for her to want to run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They can pick her up while she is asleep and she doesn't even open her eyes! A-h-h-h to sleep like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby steps, Norma. Baby steps. I'm proud of the little girl -- even if she indeed proves to be the world's laziest dog.

    ReplyDelete