Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Rise and Shine Clementine!

Last night was a restful night, filled with dreams of sugar plum fairies and warm sandy beaches... I imagined that I would wake up to my alarm and start my day in the usual way. Until 4:59am when I heard the pitter patter of little doggie feet walking towards my bed. The sound of doggie feet at this early hour is very unusual in our house, since as my neighbor describes it, we have the world's laziest dog.

Anyway, back to 4:59am... Norma Jean waddled over, and hopped her two front feet onto the bed. She only manages to get two feet up, because for our dog, all four feet is asking way too much! Whenever she does this, I think it is very cute and endearing; however, I'm not sure that Kevin shares my opinion on this. As she hopped her feet onto the bed, she must have jarred something loose, because she started to hiccup. Our dog is a chronic hiccup-er so I didn't really think anything of this until her final hiccup.... when she hiccupped an entire partially digested tree (with sap included) onto my bed. I immediately pushed her off the bed, which launched the rest of the hiccup barf all over the floor. After which, Norma Jean wandered to the nearest soft surface (her doggie bed), laid down, and fell asleep.

I figured she was finished at this point, so I took the sheets off the bed, rinsed them out, and got ready for work. I debated calling in sick, and staying home to take care of my ailing dog, but thought better of it and went to school. It was a good day, I'm glad I went!


Dog Barf Laundry.


No comments:

Post a Comment