Sunday, January 31, 2010

Girls Weekend In!


Kevin has been out in Denver on a business trip all week, and even though I really miss him I've somehow found a way to keep myself busy. The school week was crazy as usual, so this weekend I was really glad for a break, and Norma and I took full advantage...

I have to say, we both spent a good part of the weekend hanging around the house. It was bitterly cold, and I feel okay blaming the temperature for keeping me inside. This picture of Norma Jean explains everything.


I wanted to keep up the baker part of this blog, so I made some yummy bread and cinnamon roll type things. Yum, they sure were good. Unfortunately by the time Kevin gets home, they'll probably be gone!


Norma and I made it out a few times for some walks, and until I moved here I had no idea that cold weather could make my skin hurt so bad. Needless to say, the first walk we took on Friday I was very unprepared. Today when we went out I was fully prepared in my snow clothes! Whenever I leave my house I see one of my students, Friday I happened to see a student who ditched school that day. I yelled across the street for him to come meet my dog, and he came right over. I bugged him about ditching school, and told him to stay out of trouble... Small town livin' !

Hope everyone has a great week and I'll be counting down the days until Thursday when Kevin returns!

2 comments:

  1. Yum, your bread looks great, Melinda! When Kevin sees a picture of it, he may skip the second part of his trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some of that cinnamon bread too! :) Do you have a recipe??

    ReplyDelete