Monday, January 18, 2010

We're gettin' hitched!

As most of you already know, I proposed to Melinda on Saturday morning and she said yes! We're both very excited.

I was planning on doing it that day since I picked up the ring on Tuesday. The plan was to take Norma Jean on a walk through some snowy woods and then pop the question there. We (Norma Jean and I, since she was in on the secret) decided on Mount Philo, which is a small "mountain" about 20 mins from our house with an amazing view of Lake Champlain. After an excellent breakfast of pancakes and eggs, we loaded up the car and headed out. As we hiked up, I did my best to hide the small square box that was sticking out through the front of my jacket. She said she didn't notice. I wasn't too nervous--really more excited. We got to the top and checked out the view, took some pics, and then Melinda said "alright, let's go". I told her to hold on a sec and then...Melinda is taking over the typing now....

Kevin told me how much he loved me and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. By that point, I was drowning in a puddle of tears and may have scared him a bit by not answering right away! When he pulled out the most beautiful and perfect ring, it was all I could do not to fall down the mountain. I finally stopped blubbering and said yes!

As we were enjoying our moment, a cute little family came walking up to see the view. I think they might have been a little surprised when I told them that Kevin had just proposed and immediately asked them to take our picture....Kevin is going to get back on the keyboard...

Here is the picture that they took. It's the first pic of us in our new state of engagement...


After talking all about everything and staring deeply into each others eyes for a good 2-3 hours (or maybe 20 mins), we decided it was time to sled down the mountain. We took turns jumping on our new Zipfy Lightweight, Aerodynamic Mini Luge and flying down the mountain. Here are some pics of the action:

7 comments:

  1. Whopppee! The perfect couple. Blessings to you and much love love love. You two rock! We are all excited, too. xxxooo Bam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art wants to know how Kevin can jump so high and click his heels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! Congrats you two! You make a fantabulous couple. So this is the big news? I thought you were going to say you got another dog, or you won the lotto, or you made it on amazing race, or guys were zoning to visit California soon. This news us WAY better !!! Yahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. que bueno! Congratulations you 2....that family who took the picture, just barely cut the RING out of the picture. can't wait for the celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very excited for you. Keep us posted with the details.
    Trent, Diane and kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also was apalled at the ring being nixed from the picty. But you two look great, and I am soso excited for you. YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete