Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hello to all of our faithful blog reading fans.

I've been meaning to add more posts recently, but haven't had a chance to sit down and upload all the movies and pictures that we've taken recently, so I have a lot of catching up to do!

Today is the day, so I'll start with a blog about our most recent kitchen gadget, the pasta maker! While my parents were here we took a pasta making class and had so much fun that my mom got us a pasta smooshing machine. I call it a smooshing machine, because it's one of those old fashioned hand crank things, it doesn't actually make the pasta dough for you, it just smooshes it out. It's pretty cool, and we have made ravioli and parpadelle (free-form pasta) with it so far. Our next endeavor will be linguini.

Here are some pictures from the first night that we used it. I forgot to take pictures of our ravioli last night, but if you just imagine really fancy awesome looking ravioli stuffed with butternut squash, that's pretty much what we made.

Our pasta (and everything else) table!

Kevin, putting his best face forward.

Here is the sauce that I made. It was surprisingly easy, although not as easy as opening a jar...



1 comment: